Monday 3 August 2009

Trip to New Zealand

Since July 29th Mizuho and I have been 'down under' visiting New Zealand. This is actually the first time we've ventured outside of Japan for two and a half years. The prime driving forces behind this international excursion were twofold: firstly, to catch up with family and friends; and secondly, to teach Asai-ryuha Shotokan karate. Over the next several posts I'll cover the karate aspects of the trip with text and ample photographs.



Please excuse the delay as I'm 'back logging' the articles whilst flying back to Nippon (I'll also be writing whilst 'still very bored' in transit at Changi Airport when this flight lands in Singapore). Naturally I had no desire, time, nor could justify typing on my laptop, whilst in New Zealand.

Before wrapping up I'd like to thank the following two instructors, Lyall Stone Sensei, and Tony Petronelli Sensei for hosting us in New Zealand. I'd also like to thank the members of the SKNZ (Shotokan Karate New Zealand) honbu dojo based at CPIT in Christchurch.

Osu!

© André Bertel, Japan (2009).

No comments: